Friday, August 27, 2010

Adding the Details

Phase two meant going to work on the basic details, to make the board playable.

The ground was the first place to start, since I needed something to put the structure on. The original plan was to run water into the map, hence the bridges, and have it go into a park area. I wasn't sure how it was going to work in the park area. Andria and I discussed having it end in a pond, or running through to the otherside. I finally opted to go with a 4 square wide, straight water way that spanned the four foot length.
I then cut two large strips of astroturf to fill in the grass on both sides. It was quick, easy and painless. Probably the easiest part of the entire map. I also cut the rough pieces for the hill at the same time, just so I could get an idea of how it might look. During this I also put up the stairs and the edging around the top of the structure.
After the glue on the grass dried (basic white glue), I quickly marked in the lines for the shore and water, painted in the water and then sat around watching the paint dry. This was all followed by starting to work on the maps grid lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment